Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week In Review

It's been a pretty decent week, pop-culture wise.  It's time to review the best of the past seven days.

The Best News


2gether wants to get back 2gether
If you went to junior high when I went to junior high, there is a pretty good chance that you were a little obsessed with this MTV mock boy band and their funny but catchy songs.   This week, the four remaining members announced that they want to return to the network that brought them to life.  I know my calculus, and I know that them + my TV = amazingness.

Natalie Wood's Death Investigation Reopened
I grew up a little obsessed with whatever it is that happened that night on the boat where Natalie Wood died so many years ago.  This week the case was reopened and I, along with the rest of Celeb-obsessed Hollywood is dripping with anticipation over this murder mystery.  I have the feeling that way more juiciness is yet to come.

Aaron Tveit To Star In USA Pilot
If you don't know Aaron Tviet, you probably aren't a Broadway (or Gossip Girl) fan, but it looks like there is a good chance he may be on your radar soon.  I'm super pumped over the prospect of seeing Tveit every week, even if it means that I do have to start watching USA again.


The Most Awesome Moments On TV


The Good Wife: Cary Rejects Kalinda
Kalinda Sharma is character Kryptonite...she makes both men and women alike put their own necks on the line with the bat of an eye and the march of a stiletto boot.  Kalinda uses her sexuality to get whatever she wants, and it almost always works.  For years now Cary, the recently appointed Deputy State's Attorney, has pined away for his former co-worker and she in turn has used him every chance she got.  After he pushed her out of the line of fire (literally) the two locked lips in his office and it looked like he was finally going to go where many men (and women) had gone before.  And then?  He walked out.  Maybe Cary's spidey senses started tingling over Kalinda's need to get information on the SA's investigation into her boss or maybe he just finally got some perspective, but either way it was awesome to finally see someone say no to The Good Wife's little vixen.  I can't wait to see what happens between these two next.

Glee: The Slap Heard 'Round The Auditorium
Yes, Glee CAN make it onto my best of the week list...especially when it involves someone (in this case, Santana) slapping the hell out of Finn.  It was harsh, it was real and it was a well earned moment.  Now all we need if for someone to pummel Quinn.  That would be the best thing to happen all year

American Horror Story: Old Moira Wipes Her Lips
Oh American Horror Story.  You are a little sick and I love you for it.  When Moira, who appears young and nubile to men and old and crotchety to women, gave a potential house buyer a very special form of lip service, it seemed like usual AHS kinky fare.  But when it was OLD Moira who emerged from the room, wiping her lips.  Well, that was both a little gross and completely hilarious.

Best Theories


Revenge: Emily/Amanda and Charlotte Are Sisters
Emily Thorne, nee Amanda Clarke, has been making hell in the Hampton's all season on Revenge to get even with the rich bitches who destroyed her father's life.  The main source of her fury is Victoria Greyson, who had an affair with Amanda's father and seems to run the entire town.  Victoria has a daughter, Charlotte, who has had little interaction with Amanda thus far but it is beginning to seem clear that she may be more important than we are being lead to believe.  Word around the net is that Charlotte is a Clarke herself, and I'm starting to think word is right.

American Horror Story: Violet is Dead
Last week Violet took a bunch of pills, but then was seemingly revived by ghost boyfriend Tate when he oh so sweetly stuck his fingers down her throat.  This week, Violet never left the house (as ghosts are unable to do) and Tate told her that she had "evolved".  This theory is gaining some serious steam, and while I am leaning towards it being right, I hope I'm wrong.  It's time AHS gave us something unexpected and this won't be it.  Plus it makes it too easy for her and Tate to be together forever, which I fear would mean the end of this house when the season is over.  So I'm hoping, for the show's sake, this is one big ass fake-out.

Best Quotes

You're fellating Santa.  I have to be blunt sir, because that's how TMZ is gonna report it, Fox is gonna repeat it and John Stewart is gonna finish it.  Here.  Comes.  Santa.
 Eli Gold, The Good Wife

I haven't been fair to you.  You're not fat.  I should know, I slept with you.  I mean at some point,  I must have liked that you looked like a taco addict whose had one too many back alley liposuctions.   I am sorry Finn.  Really, I'm sorry that the New Directions are gonna get crushed by the Trouble Tones.  I'm also sorry that you have no talent.  Sorry that you sing like you're getting your prostate checked and you dance like you've been asleep for years and someone just woke you up.  Have fun riding on Rachel's coattails for the rest of your life, although I would watch out for her come holiday time because if I were her I'd stick a stunt in one of those boobs and let the Finn blubber light the lamp for eight magical nights.
Santana, Glee

I'm Max's mom.  I just want you to know that he doesn't realize that you're making fun of him behind his back but I've seen it.  And it needs to stop, all of it.  You and your friends, your cohorts, you think that you can get by with your Justin Bieber hairdo and your invisalign braces but guess what.  Puberty's gonna set in and its gonna set in ugly.
-Christina, Parenthood

A woman in my line can't be too careful.  There are a lot of minority men in this city who would like nothing more than to ravage me on this counter top.
Marcy, American Horror Story


That's all folks.  What were your faves this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment