Thursday, December 1, 2011

Can't-Wait-Till-Next-Week-Itis

Oh Can't-Wait-Till-Next-Week-Itis, I have missed you so.  You guys know it.  That moment when a show ends (or more specifically, when the promo for the following week ends) and you get a little depressed that you have to wait a whole week for the next episode.  When the entire week begins and ends around that magical hour (or half). It's when a show is so addictive that you are always craving more to keep you going.

I've only felt this way about a few shows in my life.  Buffy The Vampire Slayer.  Veronica Mars.  Friday Night Lights.  I suspect I'll feel this way about Breaking Bad when I actually get to watch a whole season live.  And now...American Horror Story.  Last night's episode was far from the best or most shocking of the series and yet it was still the best hour of my week and I have no clue how I'm going to make it through the next six days.

I wish every show would give me this feeling.  I blame reality for the attempted murder of true TV addiction, but shows like American Horror Story let me know that the magic hour is still possible.  I'm glad I have it right now as the very dark and pretty fucked up light in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment