Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

While compiling my list for an upcoming entry of my top ten favorite Christmas songs, it occurred to me that the radio never plays the one that my father would play every year...Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer.  I'm not sure if I like this song because it brings me back to a simpler time where we would pop on the record (yes, that long ago) and dance around to this silly tune or because it appeals to the macabre side of me that also loves American Horror Story, Heathers and Little Shop Of Horrors.  In this song, drunk and senile grandma wanders out into the street and is run over and killed by Santa.  It's Christmas spirit at its very best.  I mean, my mother didn't love when my dad played it a month after her mom (my grandma) died,  but hey.  Everything can't be for everyone.


Yeah.  I can't imagine why the radio stations don't play it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment