Monday, October 31, 2011

Scary Scenes

Oh Halloween.  You used to be my favorite holiday.  Every year my friends and I would have shindigs (we were to anti-establishment to call them parties.  Or too uncool) to commemorate your awesomeness.  There were costumes (I've been a strawberry, I've been the night sky.  Kids, I've done it all).  There was candy.  There were movie marathons.  It was the best day of the year.  Bar none.

But this year, to be honest, I haven't been in the holiday spirit.  It could be the lack of children in my life, or the absence of a kick ass party to go to, or the fact that veganism and dieting don't bode well for my candy love.  But I haven't even been able to get into it pop culturally.  Because the sad fact is, I'm having a bit of trouble getting scared.

I'm not sure if it's that all horror films are just repeating themselves or the fact that I'm too aware of the fact that it's all Hollywood smoke and mirrors.  Perhaps it's just that my real life fears are so paralyzing I find it hard to get psyched up over a good slasher film.  Seriously...I won't bat an eye watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre but stick me in a Ferris wheel and I'll start shaking. 

Luckily, there is one specific movie clip that scares the living daylights out of me.  It isn't from a horror film and you will probably think I'm nuts for suggesting it.  But go ahead.  Watch it.  Try not to have nightmares.  This shit is disturbing.



Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment