Thursday, October 27, 2011

Foster The People And A Disclaimer

Honesty time.  I don't have good taste in music.  By this I don't mean that I have bad taste in music, just that it isn't as good as it is in other areas of pop culture.  I can talk to death about the value of a television show, or the beauty of a film or the meaning of a play.  But music is a lot more simple.  I simply like what I like, don't what I don't, and can't really explain why.  I tend to prefer songs that make me feel something, although what that something is can completely vary.  I don't know.  We all have our imperfections.  This is mine.

So when I post about music, there is probably a good chance that you may think I'm crazy.  And maybe I am.  But it is my popinion, so I'm running with it.  It's why I'm using tunes to kick off the new "Greater than" feature of this blog.   Simply put, I'm letting you know that I think one thing is better than another.  And I couldn't think of a better way to kick it off than with the now super overplayed band Foster The People.

Helena Beat > Pumped Up Kicks

Helena Beat

>

Pumped Up Kicks

Discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment